Agnes Pitcairn, granddaughter of David
Pitcairn of that Ilk and youngest daughter of his eldest son
Henry, married John Fyne or Phin of Burnt Island, in 1595.
When Agnes Pitcairn’s uncle Robert Pitcairn the
Commendator, died in 1584, his estate of Limekilns and the Gellets
passed to his brother John and his nieces Janet and Agnes.
This appears from one of the Pitfirrane charters entered in
the Register of Dunfermline Abbey.
Agnes Pitcairn’s son, Patrick Fyne, in 1597 made a
conveyance of his hereditary interest in the Pitcairn estates to
David Seaton of Parbroath.
David Phin, presumably a brother of
Patrick Phin, also appears in connection with this transference.
In 1598 he resigned whatever claim he had, and no trace or
further reference to Limekilns between that date and 1606.
In that year Allan Coutts, Chamberlain of Dunfermline
Abbey, had a charter of the lands, and prior to 1629 they were
acquired by Sir George Bruce
In 1637 Sir James Halkett of Pitfirrane
and his son acquired the Lands of Lymkills from James Phin.
When Phin was owner of Pittencrieff – Captain George Phin
was the proprietor of Pittencrieff in 1785.