11th Lord of Pitcarne, and Forthar, succeeded his father in
1489, and in the
following charters he was formally infefted in the lands of
Cullerny or Colldirney. He
also was owner of Drongie or Drongy, and signed deeds as “de
Forthir” and again in 1508.
A remission under the Great Seal of King James IV to Henry
Pitcairn for act and part and the oppression done to Thomas
Butlour of Ramgallie by destroying his corn on the 10 Dec. of that
year.1503. Egidia Mailville or Melville, and her name is mentioned
on the 14th July 1504, in a confirmation by James IV
King of Scots of a charter granted by Andrew Furny of Maistown to
Henry Pitcarne of Drungy and Egidia (Giles or Grizzell Mailville
his wife) Grizzel
Mailville’s family was of ancient descent and was called Leslie
Mewlville or Mailville.
The King [James IV] concedes to Henry Pitcairn of that Ilk
and his heirs three quarters of the lands of Forthar-Ramsay, with
parts appendages. 32 parts of the same in Fife, of which
are indeed one at least, perhaps two quarters, that is to say 31
parts, bought by the same Henry personally, and one quarter 31
parts bought by David Barclay of Cullerny, and inspected by them,
and which the King incorporated in one freehold, 11th
Pitcarne, witness to a deed at Pitlour in 1517. (Easter Pitlour
belonged to him.)
Pitcairn of Drongy and Pitcairn is witness to a charter by Sir
William Scott of Balwearie, Knight to the church of St Salvador in
the city of St Andrews, on the 11th September 1514.
Confirmed by the King James V.